Sunday, February 28, 2010

Charity Quilt Blocks

At the last modern quilt guild meeting, we did a lot of talking about "wonky log cabins."  When Jon from the quilt guild asked for black, white, red blocks for a charity quilt, I knew I had to try it.


His quilt is going to be titled "Coming Out."  So, a quite literal interpretation, I made another wonky log cabin, cut it into fourths, turned it inside out, and put it back together.



I hope he likes these blocks and I hope they work into the quilt he is making.  It is my understanding the quilt will be auctioned at the Utah Aids Foundation Annual Oscar Party.

2 comments:

leigh said...

i'd love to do some blocks for this! i'm guessing it's on the site, though i hadn't seen it.

i love your chopped up block too - great idea.

Shari said...

I love it.