Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Black & Tan Quilt



I pieced this quilt for my Grandpa Gallagher in November of 2008.    It was a quilt kit that my Grandma Gallagher bought at Quilts Etc!  The pattern intimidated her and I wanted it very badly - but couldn't afford it.  Since I give all my quilts away anyways, I asked if I could piece it for her.  I was delighted when she said yes.

After the blocks were sewn together my Grandma was going to add borders to make it queen size and give it to my Grandpa for Christmas.  Time got away from us, and we decided it would be a good Fathers day gift.  He became sick and died before we could finish it and give it to him.  He never saw it.  All the quilts we've made and given away and we never made one for my Grandpa.  This one is still in the basement unfinished.

3 comments:

Jayne Sue said...

This is one of my favorite patterns and it is beautiful in black & tan!

Nicole said...

You are so talented! I've never learned how to quilt... it intimidates me!!

Shari said...

Your blog is great. I love this quilt. Finish it and you will think of something to use it for that honors your Grandfather