Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The First quilt I EVER loved



My Great Grandma Johnson (my mother's grandmother) made this quilt for me when I was very young (I think I was 2), so around 1980 (It's not considered an antique yet is it????)  You can see she used polyester fabric that she came by either free or very inexpensively from her work.  It was some sort of clothing or fabric factory in Kearns, Utah.  She put a very soft fabric on the back (think minky of the eighties) and then trimmed the edges with lace.  I used this quilt on my bed until I was 12.  The reason I remember the age is because the year my sister Kelli was born, my parents built me a bedroom in the basement of our old house and I got new carpet and bed quilt that matched.  This has been in storage in my parents basement until about two years ago when I finally cleaned out all my old stuff.

No comments: